ConsoleOS Rip-Off
"The empire struck back..." - Printable Version

+- ConsoleOS Rip-Off (http://www.consoleosripoff.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome! (http://www.consoleosripoff.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: ConsoleOS Rip-Off Open Forum (http://www.consoleosripoff.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: "The empire struck back..." (/showthread.php?tid=176)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

"The empire struck back..." - Mary's Goats - 06-10-2016

New post today about Christopher Price's "exclusive partnership" with Teclast. Once again, in Christopher Price fashion: take software he didn't create and slap it on hardware he didn't create. Such a visionary: http://console.com.co/console-teclast-partnership/

Console, Inc. and Teclast Electronics Co. are joining forces to co-develop two new Android devices. The first of two devices will be announced in the very near future.

We’re going to be talking a lot about the new hardware soon. Today we’re just announcing the deal, and how it’s going to change what Console will be doing.

There are a lot of great Android devices coming out of China. But, they’ve been falling short in a few areas. Some of the specs are off, and some of the firmware is… well… disposable. Even the biggest companies are missing the forest for the trees on that one. Our strengths at Console have been knowing what tech-savvy Android consumers want, and bridging the Android OS gaps to take those solutions to customers.

We tried to make a dual-boot operating system. One month after we began shipping it, the empire struck back, and the kernel we depended on, mysteriously vanished. We don’t think that was coincidental. But rather than cry over spilt milk, we’re going to move forward. If we can’t make an Android client operating system that’s great on a lot of machines, we can pull off a great Android PC experience one device at a time.

Our partnership with Teclast will make sure of a few things. First and foremost, our devices will be built, shipped, and its delivery guaranteed by Teclast. Two companies standing together, backing these gadgets from design to production. At Console, we also can focus on making changes that are essential to making these devices successful outside China. Built by Teclast, designed by Console. If it sounds like a familiar idea, it is.

As part of this pivot, last week we informed our Kickstarter backers of some major changes. Console OS is moving to an experimental status, and we expect to ship Console OS Marshmallow later this summer. Beyond that, we aren’t sure just yet. As part of the planned pivot to hardware devices, we are going to refund our Kickstarter backers. We outlined the plan to do so with backers last week, and that process will happen as our first hardware ships to end-users in the fall.

But we aren’t going back to crowd-funding. The last, great, part of our partnership with Teclast, is that they see the same demand curve that we do. They don’t see the tablet, or the PC, as some has-been platform. It is still growing. That growth curve has been altered by things like Windows 10. But those distortions are not the death of an industry… they’re merely a call to do better. Teclast sees that same vision. And, because of that, we don’t have to crowdfund. Instead, we’re going pre-order… and save the billing for when your device is actually being built, certified, and then packaged and shipped.

Hardware was where we began. We shipped a small dev kit, one that quietly became the most powerful Android device ever shipped at the time. We’re now pivoting back, because we refuse to let a few bean counters, and a few show stoppers on high, deny you all what you want – a tablet that runs Android, and also can work through the day as a powerful PC.

We’ll have a lot more to share soon, sign up for email updates, and we’ll show you what we’ve been building in the coming weeks.

RE: "The empire struck back..." - xxlariusxx - 06-10-2016

"Our strengths at Console have been knowing what tech-savvy Android consumers want...and not giving it to them."

Fixed that for you, Chris.

I've owned a dual boot Teclast Windows/Android tablet and it was very nice. I even flashed Remix on it. I don't understand why I'd wait for a....ConsoleTab or whatever he's gonna call it when I can just buy a tablet from them now and not have to deal with his bullshit. What, does he think he's a Kardashian, and he can just slap his name to something and have it sell? He probably does.

RE: "The empire struck back..." - sortan - 06-10-2016

So he's going to buy a bunch of tablets on Alibaba, install RemixOS on it and sell it for a 300% markup.

Oh, and I forgot about the professional "refurbishing" also.

RE: "The empire struck back..." - Backer - 06-10-2016

It is interesting that I can`t find any confirmation from Teclast to this partnership.

I was looking on their homepage for a piece of information about Console, Inc. or ConsoleOS.

Nope, no luck... Of course ;-)

RE: "The empire struck back..." - tbltsx86 - 06-11-2016

(06-10-2016, 10:23 PM)Backer Wrote: It is interesting that I can`t find any confirmation from Teclast to this partnership.

I was looking on their homepage for a piece of information about Console, Inc. or ConsoleOS.

Nope, no luck... Of course ;-)

must be this one.....fits CP's modus-operandi

Teclast Electronics Co., Ltd.

http://www.supplierblacklist.com/2015/07/04/teclast-electronics-co-ltd/

RE: "The empire struck back..." - BackerX - 06-12-2016

I love the casual comparison to Google's Nexus manufacturing partnerships.  I hope the lads in Mountain View are aware of the disrupting technological behemoth about to be unleashed, and stand ready to be schooled in the proper execution of such a partnership.

Christopher Price Wrote:We tried to make a dual-boot operating system. One month after we began shipping it, the empire struck back, and the kernel we depended on, mysteriously vanished. 

OK... So, I remember the "Rebuilding of Android from the Ground Up."  Did I miss the part where that OS shipped?

And who is the Empire in this latest convoluted conspiracy?  His Industry Partner; Intel?  But they were getting fat on all that licensing money Mobile Media Ventures was feeding them, right?

And more enemies lurking in the shadows.  Apparently the entirety of the human population actively conspires against CP.  It must be a hard life.

RE: "The empire struck back..." - ach_ks - 06-14-2016

So do you think he's actually going to refund backers, or will this drag on indefinitely just like everything else?

RE: "The empire struck back..." - Mary's Goats - 06-14-2016

(06-14-2016, 06:08 AM)ach_ks Wrote: So do you think he's actually going to refund backers, or will this drag on indefinitely just like everything else?

This will continue to drag on for all of eternity. At this point, Christopher realizes he fucked up and his online reputation has been heavily tainted. The good PR move is to say the new product launch will allow him to refund backers, because it's the "right thing to do." But, we all know he's never truly delivered on anything, and he's already made statements on Twitter like:

Quote:We have said that if we pivot to and ship hardware, which we are gearing up to do, we will refund backers of Console OS.

So if you read between the lines of his marketing fluff, it's the same bullshit as before. He says he's going to do something in a flowery "press" release, but in reality, it's all based on "ifs" and "gearing up to dos" which won't happen due to a number of reasons that will come up. Of course, all those reasons will be out of his control and due to empires striking back.

RE: "The empire struck back..." - xxlariusxx - 06-15-2016

What are the odds that this "partnership" was just a result of him following this link and emailing the people at the bottom?

http://www.teclast.com/en/zt/Beagents/

RE: "The empire struck back..." - BackerX - 06-16-2016

xxlariusxx Wrote:What are the odds that this "partnership" was just a result of him following this link and emailing the people at the bottom?
http://www.teclast.com/en/zt/Beagents/

"Frankly, Telcast has not denied being our latest industry partner.  Emails have been sent. Our current and previous industry partners have decided not to issue a comment on this matter.  In other news, We are gearing up to prepare our contemplation in regards to shipping Console OS Kickstarter backer rewards from the GitHub."