Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your predictions
(07-03-2016, 07:09 AM)sortan Wrote: So apparently the developer whose work Price was going to take as his next scam has passed away.

"Console Developer Rewards", the great success announced back in January, has been re-purposed to try and get others to fix his problems for him (sound familiar?) and contribute towards this new "scheme".

There are no "SSL engineers on-staff" at the Console HQ apparently. They have publicists and PR people and a branch in Paris, but no "SSL engineers".

Also, to illustrate how big of a scumbag Christopher Price is, a guy passes away and Price devotes one or two sentences to that and then spends the next two or three paragraphs soliciting and advertising for help in his next scam.

OpenHU Project - Continuing Mike Reid's Android Auto Head Unit App

Christopher Price is truly a vulture. 

Quote:Hi all, it appears that Mike Reid, the developer of the original FOSS Android Auto Head Unit app, has sadly passed away.

We are continuing the development in a new app, which we call the OpenHU Project. It stands for Open Head Unit.

Let me fix that for you Chris: "There is no "we," so I, Christopher Price, am continuing the development. But by development I mean swooping in once someone dies and stealing his work. Then, I will promise bounties based on money I supposedly do not have, but nonetheless should be refunded to the thousands of people who made my previous scam possible. Let's not mention that I still haven't delivered the other product or any of the physical "perks" I promised over 2 years ago and then promised I was resuming a few months ago."

Seriously, I can't believe he thinks he can just continue like business as usual and just pretend like he didn't leave a couple thousand folks out to dry.

This guy's idea of development and business is taking other people's work, through whatever means necessary (including someone's death), re-branding it, and then offering rewards or paying other people to fix the remaining parts. He literally won't do anything himself to make it better.

Fucking scum.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mary's Goats's post:
  • BackerX
"We have no plans to make money off the project, though as mentioned Mike Reid and my team were coordinating on a commercial use-case."

He is human vomit. He casually throws that in there so he can reference it later if any of this comes to fruition but he'll go on and on about open source this, open source that because, XDA will close the thread if it's a for-profit project.
[-] The following 1 user Likes xxlariusxx's post:
  • BackerX
As of this morning, it seems like an XDA member has fixed the app Christopher needs for his next scam. If CP sticks to his word, he should pay out $10,000 to this member, because he did set a bounty for the fix, a bounty he said he would pay out using his own personal credit card.

Can't wait for the next excuse. Fix not within bounty guidelines? Person refuses to accept the payout?
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

(07-25-2016, 11:13 AM)Mary Wrote: Can't wait for the next excuse. Fix not within bounty guidelines? Person refuses to accept the payout?

Here you go:

Christopher Price Wrote:Admins have asked that I not discuss the bounty here, so I will stick to that.

But this may be an exciting day
http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/...52/page144
Lol, he's pulling an NDA on XDA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes xxlariusxx's post:
  • BackerX
Ready for my next set of predictions? I've been really good at this so far, only because it's CP and he does the same shit over and over and over again.

The pertinent line I circled reads: "Since we’re pivoting to hardware, those that opt-out of the double-discount will be able to request a cash refund after ConsoleTab ships."

CP also said in some PR sustainability tweets that refunds were predicated on ConsoleTab pre-orders. So far, he dropped the second keyboard battery (let's face it, Teclast was probably developing it for their hardware and scrapped it, he was simply mooching) which was one of his main selling points, the other one being the 200GB storage which is actually just a microSD card and an 8GB USB flash drive he gives you. He then said on August 18:

(picture of professionally printed ConsoleTab marketing material in the back of his leather-seated likely ConsoleOS-funded special edition rice rocket he loves to blog about)

That was just about a month ago now. I've seen nothing about pre-orders going live let alone any news on this groundbreaking tablet. Someone liked that tweet too! Must be a single excited fan. Nope, just CP retweeting and liking himself.

So, my prediction. There will be no ConsoleTab at all because of, you guessed it, Teclast's failures, or there will be underwhelming numbers of orders which means there will be no refunds after all.

• BackerX
There will be backers pre-orders.

Price will collect money.

Intel Teclast will fail to deliver.

The Console team will work with below poverty salary to deliver. The Paris branch may or may not be involved.

There will be multiple pivots and new paths charted.

Pre-orders will be refunded or the money can be put towards a 2x discount on Console Auto™.
[-] The following 2 users Like sortan's post:
  • Backer, BackerX
(09-12-2016, 09:34 PM)sortan Wrote: ...
There will be backers pre-orders.

Is it a forgone conclusion that Pre-Orderers will become Trolls?  Or do we have to wait and see?
(09-12-2016, 09:34 PM)sortan Wrote: There will be backers pre-orders.

Price will collect money.

Intel Teclast will fail to deliver.

The Console team will work with below poverty salary to deliver. The Paris branch may or may not be involved.

There will be multiple pivots and new paths charted.

Pre-orders will be refunded or the money can be put towards a 2x discount on Console Auto™.

Wherever terrorist attacks occur next, please do not ask too much of the iConsole teams in those war torn regions. They do their best to keep coding the unique feature-laden ConsoleOS with Android Inside for ConsoleTab through the wee hours of the morning as bombs rain down around them. Have some respect.

• BackerX
I love this part of his newest list of reasons he can't deliver shit (or "update", as he calls it):

"So for those of you that were worried we would go with, ahem, not one of those two Wi-Fi manufacturers… say, one with closed-source, unreliable drivers, you can breathe a sigh of relief!" 

Who is "those of you?" What manufacturers is he even talking about? Who the fuck worries about closed-source Wi-Fi drivers? Was there some internet-wide outcry I missed about which Wi-Fi drivers he would use? Dude, we all know the real reason you don't like closed-source stuff. You can't steal it legally.
[-] The following 2 users Like xxlariusxx's post:
  • Mary's Goats, BackerX